Happy Christmas and a happy & safe new year to all our customers and canine companions.
Now that the silly season is well and truly under way here are some homely hints for a happy holiday.
- Never ever give a pet for a Christmas present unless the recipient has made the request.
- Even so please involve the recipient in the choosing of the dog has they will have to live together for the next fifteen years !!
- Research, research and research again.
- Consider lifestyle, accommodation, finances and most of all time. The biggest demand is on your time.
- Consider the animal. Will this dog cope with living with the owner for the next fifteen years !!! Some owners are very demanding
- Please be aware of open doors at Christmas time… everywhere..Not everyone cares about your dog as much as you do
- With this in mind be very careful who you entrust your little animals care and well-being if you are going away.
- Be mindful of the Christmas tree and decorations , lights and tinsel which may be very attractive to a puppy, dog or the cat.
- Do not over feed or over indulge your dog over Christmas. They do not have the same constitution as humans !!
- Dogs can die of kindness or over indulgence…. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs. If in doubt… Leave it out.